Hello, we are the Eco-Schools group
Eco-schools group meet every Friday from 12:30pm to 1:00pm in the after school club room. Every class from Year 1 to Year 6 is represented by 2 children.
Activities have included making posters about saving electricity, building a bug hotel in our orchard, leading a school campaign to “reduce, reuse, recycle” and monitoring the amount of water that we use. We have an annual fashion show when we make our own fashion outfits using clothes that people have discarded. We also look at healthy eating and made healthy flap jacks.
If you want to try the flapjack this is the recipe.
- 200g oats
- 100g apricots
- 150g raisins
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 20g linseeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 mashed bananas
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, grease and line a flapjack tin.
- Chop the apricots.
- Mix the oats, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and linseeds together.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl, add these to the mixture along with the oil.
- Heat the honey for 20 seconds in the microwave and add to the mix.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cover for half of this time with foil or baking parchment to prevent the top layer of fruit burning.