Welcome to the Windmill Reception Team!
Our class teachers are Mrs Edmunds (Reception Coordinator) , Mrs Middleton, Miss Reynolds & Mrs Armstrong. Our wonderful Nursery Nurses are; Mrs Williams, Mrs Harris, Mrs Parafita, Mrs Deacon, Mrs. Coles and Mrs Idris.
Foundation Stage Philosophy
Each area of learning and development is implemented through planned, purposeful play and through a mix of adult-led and child-initiated activity. Play is seen as essential for children’s development, building their confidence as they learn to explore, to think about problems, and relate to others. Every day is different!
We have four short carpet times a day, led by an adult. The rest of the day is independent learning time or learning through play. During this time, classrooms are open along with the outside area. This allows the children to interact with others and gives them a large range of places to explore. Throughout the day the children have a mixture of adult led and child led activities to complete and areas to visit. These areas include:
|• Construction||• Role play - linked to our current topic||• Water|
|• Art||• Snack Time||• Sand|
|• Maths||• ICT||• Mud Kitchen|
|• Writing||• Small World||• Finger Gym|
|• Phonics||• Home Corner||• Playdough|
For more information about the EYFS curriculum please visit:
A typical day in Reception will look like this:
Times of a school day
- 8.45 - Reception doors open and time to read with your child
- 9.00 - Register & Short Carpet Time
- 9.40 - Independent learning
- 11.10 - Carpet Time
- 11.40 - Lunch
- 12.45 - Quiet time
- 1.00 - Small group activities
- 1.30 - Independent learning
- 2.30 - Story time
- 3.05 - End of school
What clothing will I need?
- Please bring a coat and school sweatshirt, especially in the Autumn and Winter terms as it can get quite cold and we spend LOTS of time outside in all weather.
- Please bring a PE kit with trainers or plimsolls. This can stay at school all week and go home for washing on Fridays (if you choose to).
- Please bring a named water bottle and take it home EVERY day to be cleaned and refilled. We can refill during the day if needed.
- Please bring in wellies that can stay in school all week (they can go home on Fridays if you need them for the weekend).
What can you do at home:
New letter sounds are sent home once a week until we have completed set 1 and set 2. These are for you to keep at home to practise. We will then send a range of things to do at home including maths, literacy and topic.
Reading - your class teacher will send home levelled reading books and reading records when ypur child is ready. We encourage any reading that you can do at home.