Terms 5 and 6- WW2
Within this topic we will be exploring what life was like during WW2, with a focus on the Home Front. We will be using drama as a tool to explore the topic, imagining that we are living in 1939 in a suburb of London. We will use this as a lens to see how life was impacted by the war and explore the experiences had by many at the time.
We will explore:
- The build up to WW2
- Explore propaganda and how it was used
- The role of women during WW2
- The Blitz and how Britain responded
- The experiences of evacuees
- The Battle of Britain and how the RAF was made up of 'the many' and 'the few.'
- VE Day.
In English, we will be exploring 'Letters from a Lighthouse' and 'Rose Blanche.' Our writing will focus on recounts and narrative.
Please find more information about the term below.