Welcome to Year 5 2020-2021!
Hello. I hope that you are all well. Here you will find some information about Year 5.
- Mrs Rianne (5AR), Mr Davies (5JD) and Miss Gee (5KG).
- On Thursday, 5JD will be taught by Mrs Russell.
Teaching assistants and support staff:
- Mrs Mash, Mrs Selley, Miss Harris, Miss Swatton and Mrs Anzar.
Our topics this year are:
- Rainforests (Please find more information about this by clicking on the tab on the left)
- Anglo-Saxons and Vikings
- The Golden Age of Islam
- Food, Farming and Sustainability
Your child should have a PE kit in school Monday to Friday.
For the winter months, it is advisable to include leggings/tracksuit bottoms and trainers as we will do some PE sessions outside.
Year 5 Homework
Homework is given out on a Friday and should be returned by the following Tuesday.
Homework activities are accessible through the "Homework" section on this website.
Children are expected to read nightly and complete their reading records with examples of the structures we are focusing on in class and any new vocabulary.
Times Tables and counting
Please encourage your child to do short (10 mins), daily practice on Times Table Rockstars or some counting on and back games. Quick recall supports children's calculation in all areas of the curriculum.